Saturday, May 05, 2012

April UFO - mostly done!






How did it get to be May 5th already?  The school year is drawing to a close and life around here is busy.  Maddie was in her school's production of Annie.  Thankfully the play is over and her life is back to normal.  Ian and Stacy have a couple of weeks of soccer left and then we can relax for the summer!  

This BOM was April's UFO.  All that was left to do was add the outer three borders and quilt it.  Getting the borders on was easy enough but then I decided to piece the back.  I wasn't in the mood to go out and buy 6 yards of fabric for the BACK so I dug thru  my black/white stash box and came up with enough fabrics to piece the back.  I am using 14 inch squares - a weird size, I know - but it was the size required to use several of the pieces.  So finishing this quilt did not happen this month but maybe I can get it done in May.

Now then - what is May's project?  My guild's mystery quilt.  This one is ready to be quilted.  Maybe I can get it on the machine today.

What are you working on?

1 comment:

Melzie said...

Your quilt is beautiful :)
xoxo melzie